Instant Pot Chili con Carne
Chili with ground beef and beans ready in the Instant Pot. Each 1 cup serving is less than 300 calories.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time42 mins
Servings: 9 (1 cup servings)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 1 medium onion- chopped
- 1 green pepper- chopped
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes- undrained
- 12 ounces beef bone broth
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 15.5 ounce cans light kidney beans
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
Set Instant Pot to Saute and brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper. Once the beef is almost brown, add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes. Hit cancel.
Add diced tomatoes, beef bone broth, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine making sure to remove any bits that may be stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Add kidney beans and seasonings. Stir.
Close lid and make sure vent is closed. Set to pressure cook for 12 minutes. Once finished perform a quick release.